The responsibility of security of the nation resides over the Armed Forces of the nation. But the Indian Army performs more than the security service for the nation. Whether it be any natural disaster, pacifying civilian agitation or any rescue or evacuation operation, Indian Army has always brought the people to the safe side. So far, the Indian Army has contributed in every possible way to maintain peace and securing the nation. But there are certain facts that will make every Indian proud of the Indian Army.
Interesting facts about the Indian Army:
- India has the largest volunteer Army and third largest Army in the world that makes it strong and bold in the list of the top armies in the world.
- The Indian Army conducted the Operation Rahat in Uttarakhand in 2013. Accordingly, it was one of the biggest civilian rescue operations in the world.
- Indian Army also evacuated civilians from war hit Yemen. Not only the Indians, but the evacuation of people from 41 nations was done at that time.
- Siachen Glacier is the highest battlefield in the world. The glacier is located 5000m above the sea level. Surviving for a normal person is very hard there. Presently, the Indian Armed Forces own the place and take care of the place. It plays a crucial role in border territories.
- India comes 4th in the global fire power after U.S., Russia, and China.
- High Altitude Warfare School of the Indian Army is one of the top training schools where soldiers from U.K., U.S., and other nations visit to get training.
- After Indo-Pak war 1971, about 93000 soldiers and officials from Pakistan surrendered in front of the Indian Army. It was the highest number of prisoners of war after World War II.
More interesting facts:
- Agni and Prithvi are the nuclear capable missiles. Both of them are among the most accurate in striking the target.
- Brahmos 2 will be the fastest hypersonic missile in the world with the speed of 7 Mach.
- The Bailey bridge in Ladakh that is a connecting link between Drass and Suru Rivers was constructed by Indian Army in 1992. It is one of the highest bridges in the world.
- The Indian Army has its base in Tajikistan and a base in Afghanistan is under negotiation.
- Battle of Laungewala showed the remarkable bravery of the Indian Army soldiers. These 120 soldiers fought 2000 Pakistani soldiers have 45 tanks.
- MES is currently among the most efficient engineering agencies. That is behind some remarkable road and bridges like Khardungla pass, Magnetic Hill in Leh etc.
The above facts clarifies the strong and bold determination of every Indian soldier. The Indian Army has always stood ahead when the nation needs it. The Indian Army has done, construction, rescue, defense, training and many other tasks which make it a special. Finally, every Army aspirant must know these facts and should be proud of it.