Whenever I ask people what they know about Adolf Hitler. Many people would reply that he’s that megalomaniac who dreamed about world domination. But there is more to this man that what we should know better.
Like these facts about the German dictator.
- Hitler was born in Austria, making him Austrian not German. He was only granted German citizenship in 1932.
- The young Adolf had always dreamed of becoming an artist. He enrolled in the Vienna Academy of Art in 1907. However, he failed. But he tried again in 1908 to no avail. Some sources say that he wasn’t accepted because he couldn’t draw and paint people. Judging from surviving paintings done by Hitler, it is obvious he has talent. Now, that would make one wonder what would have happened if he was given the chance to become an artist.
- The führer also does not allow people to see him naked or bathing. That shows how much he values his privacy.
- One thing people may not know about Adolf Hitler is that he’s a vegetarian. He also encouraged his staff to do the same.
- He was also extremely fond of his dog Blondie. The pooch was often seen by his side, even during important war meetings. His mistress Eva Braun would always be jealous of the dog. Some reports even say that she would kick Blondie when Hitler was not looking, which would lead him to notice that Blondie seems to be acting strange.
- For the rest of the world, Hitler was this ruthless dictator but for some children he is a doting Onkel. He was said to be fond of children (Aryan children, that is) and he was proud of the young men of the Hitler Youth. He was especially close to the children of Heinrich Himmler, who called him Onkel Adolf.
- Hitler was also a big fan of the circus. It was said that he would give expensive flowers and chocolate to the female performers.
More facts about Adolf Hitler
- The man is also a big fan of Wagner’s operas and other forms of art. He was known to go on and on about music and no one dared interrupt him. Furthermore, he also admired Jewish singers, commenting that it was a shame they weren’t Aryan.
- He enjoyed watching films like comedies. But what was disturbing is that he enjoys films of prisoners being executed and tortured.
- Hitler had a flawless handwriting, which was examined by the psychologist Carl Jung. He said, “Behind this handwriting, I recognize the typical characteristics of a man with essentially feminine instinct.”
Some of these facts about Adolf Hitler may seem amusing but it doesn’t erase the fact that the man was responsible for thousands and thousands of deaths during World War II. It is sad to think that because of this man, his actions have given a stigma to the German people. Hopefully these events from the past will serve as a lesson to world leaders who are seeking world supremacy. Such thing will lead them to their downfall.